Monday 27 August 2012

Finding Apartments

We know that at some point, we'll get a bigger apartment, and we've been looking here and there on the internet, etc. It is a very frustrating process!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to see two apartments that Jerome had seen advertised. For both, I had an appointment time, but when I got there, there was a line-up of people wanting to see them. When you finally get your turn, you are interviewed by the person who is renting it, and they tell you which day they will have made their decision about who gets to rent it. (For example, noon the next day.) Then, you are expected to move in by the date they give you, usually sometime in the following two weeks!

I don't know how people are expected to suddenly move when there isn't even enough time to give notice at their current apartment. I think it's extra hard right now because students are trying to find places to live before school starts. I don't know students can afford the prices, though.

So far, it looks like we'll be staying where we are for a while. It's a good thing we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment